The replica of the Stélé of Revealing
── Note the PDF file below! ──
• The Replica of the Stélé of Revealing as seen on a photograph published in Book Four, Part II, 1913 E.V.
• Read about the Replica of the Stélé of Revealing commissioned by Aleister Crowley during the Cairo Working.
Research by the author indicates that it probably was the work of the Cairo Museum’s artist and handyman Alexandre Barsanti, and if it not was him then an artist from the Italian sculptor and decorator Giuseppe Parvis’s workshop near the entrance to the Muski where Barsanti had worked before he became employed at the Boulak Museum in 1885 as “Conservateur-Restorateur”. G. Parvis had great expertise in making replicas of artifacts from ancient Egypt. – Read online or download this PDF file (14 pp.) containing an extract from FOR THE THELEMITES. [May need further proof reading]
(In connection with this extract, see also the extract "Boulak Museum", and the two extracts found on the page "Ankh-af-na-khonsu"!)
• 1900s photograph of the new Cairo Museum at Kasr en-Nil.
• Alexandre Barsanti (1858-1917).
• Midan el-Ataba el-Khadre (the Place of the Green Threshold) near the entrance to the Muski, in the Arabian part of Cairo, south-east of the Ezbekiyeh Gardens. Seen is the sign of “G. Parvis”.
You might need Adobe Reader in order to open a PDF file. Install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free version) on your computer or mobile device:
Copyright © Perdurabo ST — All Rights Reserved 2018 E.V.